Sunday 13 September 2009

Poetry Radio on WGLT

On this visit to the States (I've just a few days left), I completed a new recording for Poetry Radio, a program of NPR affiliate WGLT 89.1. I read eight or nine poems from The Tethers as well as two poems each by Claire Crowther and Matt Bryden. As I'm reading at Illinois Wesleyan University on Tuesday, WGLT decided to air today a recording of my reading one of my own poems, "Late Winter, Early Year," on at both 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. and also available to listen to as a podcast here, for at least a month. There are some fine poems to be heard; I recommend Cecil Giscombe in particular--I've admired his work for years.

I'd like to thank Bruce Bergethon, General Manager at WGLT and founder of Poetry Radio, for his steady support over the years--he's been recording me regularly since 1992, and that, and the presence that gave my poems in my hometown and surrounds, have meant so much to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment