Friday 12 June 2009

London launch of The Tethers, 9 June 2009

the view from the podium


Anne-Marie Fyfe, Siobhan Campbell, and Rosemary Campbell


Moniza Alvi introduced me.


Simon Reynolds as barman, I his happy customer. 
In front of the bar, from left to right, Rachel Karn, Lynn Corr, and Frenchi Francoli. 


the crowd


the Australian contingent, Laurie Duggan and Jaya Savige

In spite of the tube strike, the launch was attended by over 50 people and over 40 books were sold. Special thanks go to Simon Avery, senior lecturer at the University of Westminster, for securing the venue (at much hassle to himself, unfortunately).


3 comments:

  1. congratulations, Carrie! What a great turnout and perfect venue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:58 am

    Congrats, how do I get it. Great first review from Sophie Mayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Carrie! I'm really sorry I couldn't make it but heard your launch went well. You looked fab! Loving The Tethers, glad I pre-ordered - only two left in stock!
    Hopefully see you soon - oh yeah, embarrassing drink of Bicardi and lemonade on me!

    'Energetic' Met Officer ...

    ReplyDelete