Sunday 23 September 2007

Missing Bill Hicks

I was watching clips of Bill Hicks on YouTube as I wanted to find a couple to send to a friend I've recommended Hicks to, and it was refreshing to hear good comedy on political issues. I've been a bit out of the comedy loop since I came to England in 2001, as I couldn't as easily keep up with US comedians and found many UK comedians' accents kept me from following their fast-paced routines very well. Who are the talented political comedians out there now?

2 comments:

  1. If you're quick, you can get the latter half of Rob Newman's set on BBC7 still: http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/listenagain/sunday/ (about 2300). Mark Thomas is good too - probably comes down on the side of comedy as a political act rather than comedy based on current politics, if that's a real divide.

    I enjoyed your PNR pieces very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the recommendations--just what I wanted! I'll look into them.

    Thanks too for your kind comments on the poems from Imagined Sons. They mean a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete