Thursday 1 March 2007

Okay, I found something stranger....

This is what happens when I search my name on Google to see if someone's reviewed a magazine and mentioned my work, if someone's posted a poem of mine on her website, etc.

At what appears to be a Hungarian language school, there is a competition to translate various poems from English into Hungarian, and one of the three is my prose poem from New Writing 14, "Drought"! What's perhaps stranger (yes, this one just builds) are the two other poems people can choose from: a Roald Dahl poem, "The Tummy Beast," and "Choosing Names," author unknown, about God naming the animals. The competition details are here.

I think that's all the Googling I can take for today.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:53 am

    Was Googling the ghosts of Dickenses past--it's good to see (though no surprise) that you've become such a smashing success. I'm suddenly feeling nostalgic for gingersnaps and the terrace outside the Cotton Room.
    --Marty.

    ReplyDelete